Dear Parents and Carers,
I am writing to you during the school holidays to let you know about the arrangements for our school for Term 2 and what it will mean for you and your children.
These are unprecedented times and therefore, we will need to do some things differently in our school over the coming weeks, to maintain learning and to keep your children and our staff safe.
I understand this may be an uncertain and difficult period for you and your family. That is why the State Government has given parents a choice about whether their children return to school for face-to-face teaching or learn from home.
It is a personal decision influenced by each family’s circumstances.
To assist with your decision making, as directed by the Department of Education, please note the following:
- Monday 27th April is a public holiday;
- Tuesday 28th April will be a student free day. There will be no students at school as staff will be using this day for preparation;
- From Wednesday 29th April, school is open for all students whose parents/carers choose to send them;
- Students who attend school will be taught a face-to-face program and timetable;
- For those children learning from home, this will be through online or hard copy packages provided to you from school. Details of how to undertake and return the work will accompany the packages;
- For those students who are learning from home, contact by school will be made each week by phone and/or online;
- Parents are asked to drop their child/children at the school gate, please do not enter the school grounds.
The State Government is providing $43 million in additional funding to expand school cleaning, in line with health advice. Cleaners will work throughout the day to ensure all high-use areas, such as benchtops, desks, doorknobs, taps and hand rails, are regularly cleaned and surfaces disinfected. Our playgrounds will be open and play equipment will be cleaned before school and after each break.
We will provide further detailed information on how our school will manage this situation, ahead of school opening on Wednesday 29 April.
These arrangements will be in place for the first three weeks of term two and will be reviewed ahead of Week 4, 18th May.
We want all families and children to feel supported and informed during this time. I thank you for your partnership as we navigate this together.